West Seattle Blog… | Subject: Director of Health Services (Director of Assisted Living) – Daystar Retirement Village
Director of Health Services (Director of Assisted Living)
Daystar Retirement Village – West Seattle
$2,500 SIGNUP BONUS*
Are you a nurse who would love to work in a vibrant and thriving community with an established team that is committed to providing exceptional service? Do you have a passion for seniors and a heart to serve? Do you prefer local family ownership over large corporate structure?
Daystar Retirement Village, one of West Seattle’s most prestigious retirement and assisted living communities, is seeking a highly skilled and dynamic Registered Nurse with a passion for seniors. Our preferred candidate will be driven to lead our well-established and well-supported assisted living program, and mentor our amazing team of compassionate and caring people. The candidate sought will have previous experience managing an assisted living program in Washington State and preferably have a working knowledge of Washington State regulations governing assisted living autonomous. If you are a proactive and charismatic leader with a commitment to excellence, then we want to hear from you. For more information about our local family campus, visit our website at http://www.villagegreenretirement.com
Responsibilities include but are limited to:
• Supervision of all aspects of the assisted living program, residents and staff.
• Ensure that all practices comply with Washington State regulations governing assisted living.
• Hire, train and supervise caregivers, medication technicians and resident care coordinator,
• Develop and maintain health service plans and resident assessments via an electronic medical records system for all assisted living clients.
• Manage licensing inspections, polls and surveys in partnership with the Campus Director.
• Monitors all medications, reviews documentation and ensures all doctor’s orders are followed.
• Coordinate care and services with home care, palliative care and outpatient rehabilitation services.
• Cultivate and maintain working relationships with physicians, residents, family members, community staff and managers.
Qualifications and Requirements:
• Current Washington State RN or LPN nursing license in good standing.
• Experience caring for the elderly in a community setting is preferred, but not required.
• Previous leadership/supervisory experience in a related health care setting preferred.
• Working knowledge of Washington State regulations governing assisted living preferred.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Basic computer knowledge.
• Desire to teach, train and guide others in a supportive, resident-centered environment.
• Full-time salaried position*
• Benefits include medical expenses, 401K, paid time off, sick days and holidays, and tuition reimbursement* *
• This position is set up for success with the strong support of the Executive Director, an exceptional assistant and long-term staff to help run the department.
• Our leadership team will coach, teach, train and mentor this position
• Delegating registered nurse and clinical consultants in place to provide ongoing support and assistance, training and clinical supervision.
Interested candidates should submit a CV and cover letter to [email protected]